We are currently looking for an experienced Industrial Technician / Mechanic to keep up our level of commitment to safety and reliability. In this role, the successful candidate will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts, bearings etc.… In addition the technician will perform computer and electrical diagnosis and work closely with our company’s maintenance team members to meet company goals. The recycle plant is comprised of several manufactured systems i.e. Bulk Handling System ( BHS), Bollegraff, IPS etc.
An Industrial Technician / Mechanic candidate must also be able to work independently and be self-starting without direct supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs in accordance with our company’s Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, diverters, compressors, shredders, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, etc.… .
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections).
- Completed assigned work tasks within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to work overtime and long hours when needed.
- Safely lift and carry a seventy five (50) pound load.
- Ability to perform moderate physical labor.
Work will be performed in an environment that is not temperature controlled and is dusty. Moderate to high noise levels from heavy equipment and recycling systems are common during working hours. Some required work will be performed in elevated locations
- Associates Degree in applied Technology
- Mechanical Training
- Advance Hydraulic Training
- Valid driver's license, Class A or B preferred.
- OEM training and/or certification
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.