Group Travel Support Specialist
This position is 30+ hours per week. The candidate must be available to work seven days a week between the hours of 7am and 7pm with primary availability Monday to Friday.
- Proactively handles all aspects of group travel in support of internal and external group clients.
- Preparing spreadsheets and organizational plans in support of office and group travel activities.
- Proactively manage group travel opportunities to maximize revenue generation and help the office capitalize on sales.
- Take and process payments as needed and do so using secure data handling procedures.
- Supports Vacation Specialists in the research, promotion, selling, arranging, servicing, and solving problems regarding travel reservations and related activities for a variety of travel including cruises, airfare, resorts, hotels, excursions, and travel insurance.
- Independently completes all reservation touch points assigned to the position and does so following all processes as provided, using independent thought to solve problems and recommend improvements to processes provided.
- Answers phone calls, handles emails, and other service requests while prioritizes the same and assists with smoothing out workflow within the office. Assists as needed to ensure all clients and agents receive and are able to provide excellent service.
- Assist/support office management in all office functions and maintenance.
- Makes out calls to guests in order to advise of changes to reservations and provide customer service updates & communication, and makes changes to the reservation as required.
- Provides single call/first call service request resolution and adds/enacts any client or department head requested modifications to reservations.
- May contact other departments and/or suppliers in order to complete the guests' service requests, and provide appropriate responses to guests.
- Maintain a professional appearance and communication style suitable for face to face work with the public.
- Supports outside associates with the effective completion of their sales, including assisting with large group payment, data entry, and oversight activities.
- Assist with tracking of commissions and expenses.
- Must be attentive to details and able to perform complex data entry both quickly and accurately.
- Ability to perform all Essential Functions on a regular and consistent basis
- Associate degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients
- Excellent MS Office Skills (Testing REQUIRED)
- Strong experience with Excel, up to and including understanding pivot tables and data analysis
- Ability to efficiently operate automated reservation systems & modern office software/operating systems
- Must be attentive to details
- Ability to speak to and hear guests over telephone system.
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.