(Salaried/Exempt position) The Finance Manager works within the Finance Department working closely with the Finance Director to ensure accurate and timely account reporting. This position supervises and oversees the Fiscal department staff to ensure compliance with grant regulations and ensure the smooth operation of programs.
The position is responsible for the agency, various limited partnerships, and subsidiary organizations; to ensure that all transactions are accounted for in accordance with GAAP as well as specific grant requirements. The Finance Manager supervises and processes month-end close including the review of reconciliations, month-end balances, production of monthly GAAP financial package, and research of statement of activities variances. This position plays a key role in month-end, quarter-end reporting, and year-end audits with external auditors.
- Belief in mission to help people help themselves.
- Experience in nonprofit accounting, Federal grant reporting, and A-133 audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent of education in related field may be substituted.
- Three years of work experience in accounting or related field.
- A minimum two years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of leading business and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations, state & federal laws governing that status.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, fund accounting, audits, budgets, grant management, contract monitoring and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - ability to prioritize workload and manage one's own time
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills; ability to work well independently and in teams.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Valid Oregon Drivers license with record that is acceptable under company insurance policies.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
2055.00 - 2625.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.