Local cutting edge facility is looking for a variety of skill level fabricators. This facility manufactures machines that help businesses sort recyclable materials from waste product on a large scale.
- Fabricates, positions, aligns, welds and fits parts for recycling machinery. Performs at least one type of welding, brazing and cutting using various types of welding equipment.
- Position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete product in assigned area, following blueprints and layout specifications.
- Study blue prints and Bill of Materials (BOM) to determine material requirements and task sequences. Verify conformance of materials to specifications using squares, rulers and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, locate and mark work-piece bending and cutting lines allowing for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage and other part specifications.
- Move work-pieces into position, manually, with forklifts or overhead cranes.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders and drill presses to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form and assemble metal parts.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt parts to obtain required configurations to weld parts in flat, vertical or overhead positions using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material. Examines completed work pieces for defects to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Acts as crane operator and understands safety protocols associated with crane operation.
- Maintains welding and related equipment.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Typically has anywhere from 2 to 5+ years of experience in fabrication/welding or demonstrated intermediate or senior level experience.
- Certification/degree in welding and/or fabrication preferred.
- Must have knowledge of TIG and MIG welding.
- Knowledge of physical properties and welding characteristics of a variety of metals required.
- Experience in steel fabrication/welding required.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Capable of mentoring entry level fabricators a plus.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.