Entry Level Machinest
We are currently looking for an Entry Level Machinist to join a manufacturing company in Newberg. No experience is necessary, on the job training is offered to help you be successful in this position.
Do you like to work with your hands?
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment where time flies by?
Do you enjoy being part of a team?
Do you take pride in producing quality work?
Do you like to solve problems and provide solutions that make things better?
This position is more than just a job, it is the first step toward a great career. Our award-winning in-house training program offers employees the pathway to reach their full potential. We will provide you with a roadmap that makes you the driver of your own career. Where do you start?
As an Entry Level Machinist, you will learn to:
- Operate CNC mills and lathes
- Perform necessary hand work on machined components
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Conduct in-depth inspections on machined components
- Identify and troubleshoot quality issues
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation
- Perform daily maintenance on machines
- Establish priorities and organize daily work
- Apply Continuous Improvement principles in daily work
- Strong mechanical aptitude and work ethic
- Strong shop math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division w/decimals)
- Basic Microsoft Excel a plus
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is always welcomed, but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Our hiring/screening process may require employees to submit to a background check and a pre-employment drug screen
Benefits & Compensation:
- Four Day Work Week: Day Shift (6:00am – 4:30pm), Night Shift (4:00pm – 2:30am)
- Simple Retirement Plan with employer match of up to 3% of annual gross wage
- Supplemental Insurance: Employer pays 100% of employee premium for Short Term
Benefits: Once an employee has successfully completed their probationary period they become eligible for employee benefits. Benefits include: paid medical and dental benefits, disability, long term disability, Life and AD&D insurance, flexible paid time off (PTO plan), on the job training as well as an opportunity to attend training classes, and much more.
Starting Wage: $14.00/hour
We are an equal opportunity employer. Please contact our office, or go to our website and apply online at www.work4psi.com.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.