We are seeking career minded individuals to help with the development of a new Employment Program in Oregon. We work with individuals with disabilities in the community, helping them to successfully obtain and keep competitive employment based on the individuals strengths and skills. This position consists of working with the client to assist with job training and job retention as well as with employers in the community. Must have a networking, marketing, and sales driven mentality.
- Provide employment assistance and be a mentor to people receiving support through Brokerage or DD services
- Promote the rights of people receiving support and contribute to an environment that is free of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation
- Understand responsibilities of supporting people in achieving and maintaining integrated and competitive employment. This includes keeping required documentation and any other prescribed or related task.
Be able to assist with:
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation and assistance
- Job development and job searching techniques
- Marketing individuals employment skills
- Assist with encouraging personal hygiene
- Encouraging positive work place relationships
- Act as an appropriate role model
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of a person's skills, talents, interests, and motivation
- Identify areas of improvement
- Educating potential employers
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Must pass a criminal background screening
- Must pass a drug test
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle
Working in the community
$ 16.00 - $ 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.