Electronics Engineering Technician
Location:Rogue River, OR
Will need to go through the company's electrical and mechanical troubleshooting testing.
Reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and is responsible for assisting and providing support for the Product Development Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer in a very diverse range of projects. Supervision will be directed primarily by the Engineering Manager but partially by the other Engineer(s) requiring support on specialized projects. Facilitates prototype development and trouble shoots designs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates test equipment including multi-meters and Oscilloscopes.
- Gathers, reviews and reports on experimental data as directed by the engineer.
- Documents and tracks progress of projects as directed by the engineer.
- Fabricates prototypes.
- Trouble shoots designs.
- Creates and manages engineering documentation of projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic schematics, instructions and specs.
- Excellent electronic troubleshooting skills are essential; must be able to perform repairs in a board/component level repair role when required.
- May occasionally need to travel to customer’s site for field service or testing of prototypes, primarily within the continental US and Canada.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must have good communication (oral and written)
- Good time management skills are essential
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and possess excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must possess and utilize a strong problem solving aptitude and apply as required.
- Must a have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have at minimum an associate's degree or equivalent (trade-school) in electronics. Would prefer a minimum of 2 years of electronic troubleshooting but not required. Must have experience constructing prototypes, using common bread-boarding techniques, and experience in data gathering and reporting using Excel. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.