We are looking for a Dock Hand to work for a family owned and operated cold storage facility in Albany, Oregon. This is a busy location, especially during the summer. This is a fulltime, seasonal position with an opportunity to turn into a fulltime, year-round position for the right person.
Responsible for stacking/palletizing pallets, helping to load and unload trucks, and may also be required to move inventory as needed. This position is always moving, lifting cases, and helping out wherever needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Stack/palletize pallets
- Help to load and unload trucks as needed
- Keep dock and surrounding area clean
- Assist co-workers and supervisors as needed
- Assist customers as needed
- Report any issues with the docks, equipment and or facilities
- Inspect pallets to ensure they properly palletized, labeled, and ready for shipment
- Move empty pallets as needed to ensure they are put in a safe place to avoid trips and/or falls
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, and move around all day
- Ability to bend, crouch, lean, and stoop repeatedly, as needed to perform required job duties
- Ability to withstand varying temperatures (this position works inside a warehouse which can be very cold, as well as outside on and around the dock areas in order to perform daily job duties)
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
This can be a very fast paced job; due to the types of products being shipped and/or received, there are times a shipment must be loaded or unloaded immediately to avoid damaging the product. As a result, you may be required to move quickly. As stated above, work will be performed both inside and out, it can get very cold or very hot; must be able to work in any condition, and deal with changing temperatures. This position is constantly on the move stacking pallets, moving inventory, etc. Attention to detail is very important, as well following all safety rules and processes. This is a warehouse environment, there are forklifts moving around, pallets, and other things which pose a hazard, this is why it is important that safety is number one at all times.
The right candidate will be someone looking for a job where they are always busy, and always active. This position is very important to the success of the business. The right person will be able to give exceptional customer service both internally and externally, will listen to direction, not be afraid to speak up, able to communicate clearly and be concise, and have an understanding of palletizing, and working in a warehouse as well as in or around docks.
Working hours are 6AM to 3:00PM; there’s a possibility there will be some late shifts and some weekend work.
Pay is dependent upon experience, pay range is $11-$12 DOE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.