We are looking for customer service minded individual to work in a fast paced logistics office in Salem. This is a career opportunity for the right person. If you thrive on being busy, solving problems, being the hero of the day, and give exceptional customer service then this is the job for you. This is not a boring job, you are always busy, doing something new and connecting with people daily.
Broker truckloads of freight nationwide, in support of multiple shippers and manufacturing accounts.
The responsibilities and tasks associated with this role include but are not limited to:
- Enter loads into our computer system, dispatch them and monitor them from Start to Finish.
- Effectively dispatch drivers for on-time Pick-up and Delivery.
- Follow all operational instruction, direction, documented processes and procedures consistently; including but not limited to updating computer system with all information received from the account manager, carrier or driver.
- Monitor carrier performance, and take the necessary actions if the carrier in question fails to meet requirement. Report to President & CEO as required.
- Handle a complex array of logistic situations.
- Handle very high telephone call volume, inbound and outbound, in a courteous efficient manner.
- Contract trucking companies to haul van, reefer and flatbed loads throughout the United States and Canada in accordance with customer driven time constraints and within a negotiated rate that maintains a profit for Jade Logistics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with core group of carriers by using an established list of carriers and also creating new carriers by using available industry tools and cold calling different sources. Facilitate efficient and proper set up of new carrier accounts.
- Negotiate long term capacity and rate structures with Core Carriers.
- Master and stay up-to-date on knowledge of various lane costs, transit time requirements, hours of service, etc. throughout assigned geographic territory.
- Identify opportunities for additional business and continuous improvements.
- Maintain excellent communication with Management concerning exceptions, failures, issues impacting service.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all departments
- Complete any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Prior knowledge or experience with transportation industry is a plus
- Must have a very strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, email, Internet), and solid data entry
- Excellent sales and negotiating skills are a must
- Dispatch skills ability to interact effectively with account managers, dispatchers and drivers
- Strong work ethic, ability to work at a fast pace. Willing to work extended hours if needed
- Strong time management skills
- Strong math skills
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong customer-centric focus and approach
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
13.00 - 16.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.