Diesel Technician / Mechanic
We are currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to keep up our level of commitment to safety and reliability. In this role, the successful candidate will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on both diesel trucks and automotive in accordance with factory and industry standards. In addition, the technician will perform computer and electrical diagnosis and work closely with our maintenance team members to meet company goals. Our fleet is comprised of several manufacturers, engines and chassis configurations. A Diesel Technician candidate must also be able to work independently and be self-starting without direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests to troubleshoot issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance services on both diesel and gas vehicles.
- Identify worn and damaged parts (all parts to include major components such as engines and transmissions), repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
- Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
- Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Communicate frequently with Maintenance Manager and/or supervisor as directed to update on timeline of repairs.
- Maintain safe and organized work area; keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
- Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
- Minimum 3-5 years practical experience in commercial diesel engine repair
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying parts and components of diesel truck engines, transmissions, and braking mechanisms; proven ability to disassemble, work on, and reassemble diesel truck parts and machinery; ability to identify mechanical and electronic problems, make repairs, and offer a proper maintenance strategy
- Proficient in use of all tools of trade
- Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (job requires frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.)
- Associates Degree in Diesel Technology
- ASE Master Tech Certification
- Valid CDL A or B
- OEM training and/or certification
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
18.00 - 22.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.