CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - DIRECT HIRE
To act as a direct liaison between Customers, Sales Representatives and all internal departments,
by gathering, entering and accurately communicating only the pertinent info and expectations to
each of the parties involved.
Duties and responsibilities:
The essential functions and major responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position.
These duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the
employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Initiates and responds to customer contact, usually via electronic means
- Assists outside sales with current and new accounts
- Attends periodic visits with outside sales to key accounts
- Confirms availability of raw material and production time, prior to entering orders
- Provides Acknowledgement, Confirmation, and periodic updates to the customer
- Accurately enters data during the Sales Order and Part entry process
- Tracks status of all open orders and communicates any issues or potential delays to all parties as needed
- Prepares price quotations, bids, and customer contracts
- Resolves customer complaints and issues credit memo requests utilizing established process
- Enters and maintains data in the computer system, relating to customer Artwork, Parts, Finished Goods Inventory, Compliance, Pricing, etc.
- Assists Customers, Sales and Accounting in providing information in regards to past due accounts, copies of invoices and proof of delivery as requested
- Participates in the CAPA team process for corrective and preventive action involving food safety and quality issues
- Cross trained as qualified back up for fellow CSR and SCSR positions
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a positive and solution-orientated working relationship with both internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an environment of time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make accurate and timely decisions
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative assistant or similar position 2
- Previous experience in a product manufacturing environment, preferred
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and Microsoft Office
CSRs work daily in a standard office environment working closely with computers and the job
related interface. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment
- Follow all food safety and quality procedures
- Cover for co-workers in times of absence
You must have the ability to lift up to 10 lbs., stand, walk, and sit, with scheduled breaks, for eight
hours a day. In addition, you must have the ability to effectively use telecommunication
technology. This position requires continuous listening, sitting, speaking, and frequent use of
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described above are
representative of the physical capabilities required of a typical employee, and the working
conditions typically encountered by the employee in performing the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
17.50 - 19.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.