Custodian/Facilities Services Technician
Now hiring 3 Facilities Custodians/Technicians to work on our graveyard shift. This is a great opportunity to develop a career working for a top ranked University in the Salem area.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND DUTIES:
Employees will be cleaning the residential facilities at the University. Employees will be performing assigned duties within a team oriented work environment to effectively and efficiently provide custodial/ housekeeping services and to maintain the high cleanliness standards of the University. Employees must be service oriented and be able to work harmoniously with other staff, faculty, students and visitors on Campus while performing the duties of this position. Assignments as to type of work and location of work duties may vary depending upon the work required to be performed on any given day.
Typical job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following daily tasks:
- Vacuum all rugs, carpets, furniture and drapes.
- Dust and wipe down/clean walls, doors, windows, waste receptacles, light fixtures, vents, radiators, and other above-floor surfaces.
- Dust, clean, and polish furniture.
- Clean and sanitize all restroom surfaces and fixtures.Replenish supplies daily.
- Replace accessible light bulbs immediately when out.Notify supervisor on inaccessible bulbs burned out.
- Clean all blackboards / whiteboards, erasers, and chalk troughs and restock chalk.
- Clean classrooms and offices.Rearrange classroom furniture to standard set ups.
- Clean halls, stairways, elevators, lobbies, building entrances and exterior porches.
- Replace accessible light bulbs immediately when out.Notify supervisor on inaccessible bulbs out.
- Shampoo carpet using extraction, foam and/or dry cleaning methods.
- Move furniture as required to perform duties or as requested by supervisor.
- Unplug sinks, toilets and drains when required.
- Assists with laundry tasks and distribution of laundry to assigned areas.
- Provides coverage for other staff members that are out due to illness, vacation, or other issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 1 year of custodial, or housekeeping, experience is strongly preferred.
- Able to communicate clearly, able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Possess knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures.
- Ability to work safely, and able to understand safety rules and requirements.
- Able to identify and explain/report safety issues, maintenance issues, etc.
- Able to frequently lift 10 lbs. and occasionally lift between 11 and 50 lbs.
- Able to safely operate any motorized cleaning equipment.
- Able to fill out work order request, as well as keep accurate records, record materials used, etc.
- Must be flexible, there may be times the Supervisor will need you to fill in on a different shift.
We have 3 openings
Dust mop, sweep, wet mop, and / or spray buff hard surface floors as required.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.