Conformal Coating Operator
Location:White City, OR
Nature of Work:
Responsible for providing protection for a variety of circuit boards through the use of several coatings and potting
compounds for the encapsulation (protective enclosure) of some assemblies. Reports to Supervisor
Duties and Task Statements:
- Operate several different types of dispensing and coating machines to meet customer specifications.
- Mask and/or tape circuit boards in areas that are to be free of conformal coating or potting.
- Inspect assemblies to ensure proper coating coverage.
- Maintain the coating and dispensing machines to ensure proper operating condition.
- Remove any excess coating and perform manual touch-up of any areas the coating machine may miss so boards maintain a consistent high quality.
- Transport racks of circuit boards from one destination to another to continue the manufacturing process.
- Maintain machines including changing the fluids and mixers and cleaning machines to ensure proper and efficient operation.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Knowledge of various materials used.
- Must complete applicable Specific Function Training courses.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the supervisor to accommodate fluctuating production requirements.
- Air tools
- RTV Dispense
- Scope 4x + Magnification
- Black Light
- Materials Used:
- Acrylic Static Foot Straps Static Wrist Straps
- Smocks Static Control Shoes (Building 5) Solvents
- Cartridge Filter Silicone Urethane
- Epoxies Eye Protection
Formal Interactions with Others:
Interacts with staff members of the Conformal Coating area as well as other department personnel. Communicates
with the Team Leader and Supervisor to obtain instructions, assistance, and to communicate concerns.
The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, a moderate to high noise level, and
fluctuating temperatures. The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on
department needs. You may be required to wear eye protection for the majority of the shift. This is a safe working
environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
- Previous related experience desired but not required.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Additionally, the employee must successfully
complete all internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Employee must posses the ability to lift a variety of weights. Physical mobility is required, including sitting,
standing, and/or walking for the majority of the shift. Must be able to work safely and independently at all times. .
Good dexterity and patience a plus.
Job Requirements & Worksite InfoResponsible for verifying, measuring, and inspecting incoming product to ensure it meets the purchase order and MPN requirements. Reports to the Team Leader, Supervisor and/or Quality Manager.
11.00 - 12.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.