Community Job Coach
Personnel Source is currently seeking to hire a part-time Job Coach. This position will provide on-the-job training and support to individuals with disabilities in various community work settings. In addition, they will assist in educating employers on disability awareness and identifying natural support options.
- Acting as a positive role model for the individual
- Providing hands-on support to the individual while they transition into a new job
- Providing on-going support to the individual as they work at retaining and growing in their job
- Educating and supporting the employer as he/she becomes more knowledgeable about disabilities and necessary accommodations
- Assisting community employers in the identification and development of natural supports to meet the needs of the individual
- Providing the necessary hands-on support at the community work experience or placement site to ensure a positive outcome for the employer, individual, and referral source
- Maintaining effective communication with the individual, employer, referral source, and designated Garten staff
- Effectively performing all required documentation and record keeping
- Excellent interpersonal skills (sign language a plus)
- Ability to conduct assessment instruments and identify barriers
- Ability to train/instruct diverse workforce
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Skills in judgment, decision-making, and balancing multiple priorities
- Physical ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, grasp, and reach
- Physical ability to occasionally push, pull, lift, and carry up to forty pounds
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working with/providing training to individuals with disabilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
This is a part-time position.
To apply, please submit resume to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.