CLASS A CDL DRIVER
In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by branch management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operations.
- Deliver materials by the time scheduled by your supervisor.
- Validate directions.
- Unload or assist in unloading material as required.
- Ensure that material is properly secured and within weight limits.
- Ensure delivery of ticket with material and obtain customer signature.
- Collect payment as necessary on COD tickets.
- Communicate with your supervisor throughout the day.
- Pick up customer returns and validate that product matches request for credit.
- Pick up local-pickup purchase orders. Secure and return packing list(s).
- Verify all material has been unloaded and placed at the delivery site.
- Verify the customer’s signature on the delivery ticket.
- Print name next to signature if necessary.
- Review delivered orders with the supervisor for completion, accuracy, and format.
- Return all delivery ticket copies to warehouse, and verify that none are missing.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and regulations.
- Fuel the truck as necessary.
- Report any vehicle problems, moving violations, accidents and defects to the supervisor Compliance with company uniform policy.
- Assist in warehouse as necessary.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service.
- Abide by all polices, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company.
- Work overtime as needed.
Class A can operate any vehicle with a semi-trailer or trailer with two or more axles. This group also includes any combination of vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 26,001 pounds, provided that the gross vehicle weight rating of the towed vehicle is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
18.00 - 22.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.