Associate Scientist I
Make detailed observations and basic data analysis. Maintain complete and thorough lab notebook and training file. Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality, accuracy, timeliness and usefulness of data. Suggest options / ideas for additional experiments. Fill out SOPs.
Troubleshoot experiments with assistance from supervisor.
Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment. Maintains accurate lab notebook, & training file in accordance with Division standard.
Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures. Report non-compliance and may serve as team lead.
With supervisor’s guidance, become familiar with literature directly associated with assigned project and transmit information gathered to other members of the scientific team.
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Position exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instruction on routine work, detailed instruction on new assignments. Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a moderate degree of complexity. Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position as mistakes in work could cause substantial interpretive errors.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
- Contributes actionable ideas and suggestion to improve standard laboratory techniques. Demonstrated use of laboratory techniques and limited errors. Presentation to scientific peers, supervisors and advisors.
- Preferred Bachelors degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related discipline or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Requires 1-2 yrs experience in a laboratory setting, manufacturing experience is as plus.
Key skills/abilities include:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required. Assimilation of procedures and creation of lab work instructions where necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out instructions required.
- Demonstrated ability to improve instructions or correct a previously unknown problem with instructions. Troubleshooting within normal protocol parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to keep clear and accurate experimental records.
- Contacts are normally made with others inside the company, including immediate associates and own supervisor. Contacts are usually made on own initiative concerning matters requiring explanation, discussion, interpretation or approvals. May interact with other departments on project-specific matters. External interactions will be minimal.
- Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.