ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST = DOWNTOWN PORTLAND
Provide versatile support to payables staff to include unclaimed property, vendor and provider payables, and corporate credit card functions.
- Proven competency using a variety of personal computer software applications to perform accounting functions.
- Proficient in use of Excel and Word.
- Ability to incorporate critical thinking practices into daily work flow
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Good Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
- Ability to process detailed data in an accurate manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate a variety of standard business/office machines
- Work overtime as required
- Finance Operations, and customer service experience preferred
Normal to be proficient in the competencies above
- Payables Specialist would have three years experience in support of accounts payable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Responsible for facilitating the process to reclaim funds from state interties from inception to completion.
- Utilizes imaging and data depository systems to respond to research inquiries and requests.
- Sends monthly stale dated letters to payees. Monitor and take calls from same and reissue checks as appropriate.
- Respond to and track escheatment inquiries.
- Maintain control of check distribution and tracking.
- Oversees company wide corporate credit card distribution and tracking.
- Maintain Payables documents to support record retention requirements.
- Sorts, scans and distributes incoming mail daily:
- Invoices and statements are scan in to RADAR workflow
- Unclaimed property letters are scanned, save to share drive and updated in Stone River Tracker
- Researches, prints and/or copies invoices for external and internal auditors during annual audits, as well as assists or completes special projects as assigned by Management.
Expectations of All Contingent Workforce
- Conducts business with high regard for Cambia's corporate values and in compliance with its Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member and Medicare beneficiary privacy and complies with Cambia's Corporate Privacy and information security policies.
- Privacy and information security policies.
- Contributes to the achievement of our Corporate Affirmative Action goals and objectives.
- Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope. Contributes to and supports the company's quality initiatives.
Job Specific Competencies
- Work Environment
- No unusual working conditions
- May be required to work overtime
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
17.00 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.