ACCOUNTING CLERK = DOWNTOWN PORTLAND
Performs clerical support for Financial Accounting and Reporting staff. The clerk works closely with department staff. Responsible for ensuring that support activities listed below are completed according to schedules and requirements.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic PC skills.
- Typing ability
- Ability to operate a variety of business/office machines, including 10-key.
- Basic mathematics skills to make simple calculations.
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Alpha and numeric filing abilities
- Ability to enter detailed data into online screens.
- Effective and courteous telephone communication skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow instructions
- Organize and prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
- Willing to work overtime as requested
- Daily filing along with responsibility for department files (organization, maintenance, creation of new files, etc.)
- Assist with statutory statement preparation (ie, copying, typing labels, mailing, distribution of statements)
- Serve as backup for phones.
- Distribution of department mail and daily reports
- Organize & distribute Financial Statements via paper and electronic distribution
- Maintain and update monthly department calendars.
- Keyplus Data Entry as needed
- Refund Account Transfers as needed
- Maintain Account Reconciliation tracking file and provide management reports on routine basis
- Monitor status of journal entries during close, maintain monthly journal entry files/binders
- Retention coordinator
- Assist Financial Accounting & Reporting staff with functions as needed.
- Supports Financial Accounting & Reporting management and staff as needed.
- Meet standards for the work assigned.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
$ 14.00 - $ 15.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.