2017 General Labor - Day, Swing, Graveyard
NOW HIRING FOR FOOD PRODUCTION WORKERS IN DALLAS, OR.
We are now hiring seasonal employees to work for a food processing facility located in Dallas Oregon. These are seasonal positions, however, there may be a few year round jobs available for those looking for fulltime permanent work.
We have several openings available for day, swing, and graveyard shifts. We are looking for general labor and fork lift drivers. There are several different general labor positions available in packaging, quality control, palletizing, mixing, dryer attendants, etc.
Working in a production facility handling dry and wet ingredients to create dried fruit products. Working in different areas of the facility, performing different tasks involved in the production process. Tasks include but are not limited to: mixing product, moving product, quality checking and packing product, as needed to create the desired finished goods to fulfill customer orders. Work with other employees to meet production needs. Handle product in accordance with process parameters, quality specifications, good manufacturing practices, plant safety standards and key plant performance measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Visually inspect product
- Pack product
- Mix and stir ingredients as needed
- Properly handle raw materials
- Place products in dryers
- Gather, store, and open inventory items as needed to make new batches
- Forklift drivers – use company forklift(s) to move production, store production, move pallets, etc.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Must be comfortable wearing work garments, including smock, hard hat (if required), face net (for those with facial hair), booties (if required), and latex gloves (as needed)
- Able to work in an open area, in hot and/or varying temperatures
- Must have excellent eye/hand coordination</p>
- Ability to carefully handle raw material</p>
- Understand and follow the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to learn to read and understand MSDS sheets
- Understand and follow Safety procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to stand all day, other than during meal and rest breaks
- Ability to make repetitive movements with hands and arms
- Ability to bend, lift (up to 35 lbs), stoop, and kneel as needed
Previous food processing experience preferred but not required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can get loud.
Pay Rate: $10.25 plus a shift differential. Shift differential applies to swing and graveyard shifts.
Job Requirements & Worksite Info
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.